Hanover Green Beans
Think this dish is reserved for cold-weather holidays, like Thanksgiving? Think again. It’s hard to imagine how a simple green bean recipe could be such a hit, but one bite and you’ll be hooked! (Spoiler alert: the secret lies in the shredded cheddar!)Give this one a whirl and don’t be surprised if it becomes your go-to plate for future gatherings. And feel free to use vegan bacon so everyone can enjoy!
- Casserole Dish
- Frying Pan
- Cutting Board
- 2 12oz Bags Hanover Petite Whole Green Beans
- 6 Slices Bacon or Vegan Bacon
- 1/3 cup Chopped onion
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Cook Hanover Whole Blue Lake Green Beans according to package directions.
- Fry 6 slices of bacon until crisp; drain. Sauté 1/3 cup chopped onion in bacon fat until tender.
- Add 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half, and crumbled bacon. Cook 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour cooked, drained beans into 1 ½ quart casserole; add tomato mixture and mix to blend well. Top with 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese if you choose.
- Cover and bake 15 minutes at 375 F remove; cover and bake 10 minutes more. Serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!