Spicy Garbanzo Beans with Carmelized Onions
- large frying pan
- Cutting Board
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp red pepper
- 1 15oz can Hanover Foods Garbanzo Beans Rinsed and Drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper coarsely ground
- 1 tbsp water
- 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Melt butter in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add onions and slowly cook until they are light brown (about 20 to 25 minutes).
- Add coriander, cumin, turmeric and red pepper; stir and continue to cook for a minute or two, to develop the spice flavors.
- Add drained garbanzo beans, salt, black pepper and Tablespoon of water.
- Cook, stirring constantly until beans are thoroughly coated and heated.