Sweet Potato Waffles
Tired of the same old Sunday waffles? Try the better-for-you sweeter version!
- Medium Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Waffle Iron
- 2 ½ cups Flour
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 10.5 oz Hanover Foods Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Stick Unsalted Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Stir sweet-potato mixture into flour mixture and melted butter until blended – some lumps may remain.
- Heat a waffle iron to medium-high and lightly brush grids with melted butter. Ladle about 1/2 cup batter into center of iron (grids should be full but not overflowing), close, and cook until iron stops steaming and waffles are golden brown, about 4 minutes (or make according to waffle iron manufacturer’s instructions). Transfer waffles to wire rack in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!