Vegetable? More like Magical! It's hard to believe that you can cook up vegetables and have a meatloaf, but, it's real and we did it! You should give it a try!
- Large Bowl
- Blender/Food Processor
- Medium Bowl
- Large Skillet
- Baking Sheet
- Small Bowl
- 14 oz Hanover Foods Red and Green Pepper Strips
- 14 oz Hanover Foods Broccoli
- 2 lbs Cremini Mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped, toasted
- 2 tbsp Basil chopped
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 4 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese grated
- 2 Large Eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Broth
- ¼ tsp Dijon Mustard
- Preheat broiler to high. To prepare meat loaf.
- Place pepper strips on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 12 minutes or until blackened. Finely chop. Place bell peppers in a large bowl.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F°.
- Place about one-fourth of mushrooms in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until finely chopped. Transfer chopped mushrooms to a bowl. Repeat procedure 3 times with remaining mushrooms.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 15 minutes. Add mushrooms to bell peppers. Add asparagus and onion to pan; sauté 6 minutes or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Add onion mixture to mushroom mixture.
- Arrange bread crumbs in an even layer on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden. Add breadcrumbs and the next 8 ingredients (through eggs) to mushroom mixture, stirring well. Spoon mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; press gently to pack. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155°.
- To prepare topping, combine 2 tablespoons ketchup and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; brush ketchup mixture over meat loaf. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes; cut into 6 slices.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!